Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Thursday, April 13, 2006

i know a girl (Poetry)

I know a girl who slips on her heart
She better stop doing it or else she'll get hurt.
She's cool, she cares, she'll make you al-right
It's all about you when she's in your world.
People walk by her and say ooh, baby, that's what I love a-bout you.
But I'm watching her spirit die cuz no one says I love you.

I wonder if she's like the lillies in my yard.
Every year I cut them to the core.
The next year they come back for more.
How many seasons of frost can she take?
Can she die a million times and avoid the rake?
I want to tell her I love her. But I don't. I only love how she makes me feel.

© Nichole Leigh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 2 lines about cutting the lillies and how they come back each time is awesome. Well the whole thing is great actually, but I really like those two lines.
Posted by Petey on April 13, 2006 - Thursday at 12:08 PM

Thanks
Posted by nichole leigh :: photographer on April 13, 2006 - Thursday at 12:09 PM

I try to be as honest as possible and never contrived. It keeps things real.
Posted by nichole leigh :: photographer on April 13, 2006 - Thursday at 4:53 PM

this is great. i love it. can totally relate. i know this girl. very vivid. good stuff.
Posted by Katelynn's Poetry on April 13, 2006 - Thursday at 4:54 PM

Wow I love your poem but your last stanza is amazing. I think that is so true when it comes to people. Makes me reflect on my own life.
Posted by The Alterego on April 13, 2006 - Thursday at 6:12 PM

the poem was great sometimes it's hard t get the feeling right n a poem evry one such as this. it makes you think about the things in lfe we tae for granted although they may seem strong or appear weak the question really is what is it in life really matters and how it affects us. the poem was simply put beautiful mkes me wonder how much emotins any one of us can hold before we loss it completly... hope to see more
Posted by E.R.I.C S on April 13, 2006 - Thursday at 8:31 PM