Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Intellectal Intercourse/A Beautiful Mind

Have any of you heard of an "intellectual affair" or "intellectual intercourse"- or is it something I made up in my strange brain? I've spoken about this recently in some depth with someone close to me. I enjoyed the reaction of "oh yes, that explains this experience" more than I thought I would.

Let me just give the thoughts here:

1. You communicate with this person at a higher level than you do with your everyday communications, even your best friends and lovers.

2. As with a physical affair, you get excited at the thought of this person. But the difference is that you recall the person's voice and the thought of that person talking to you in itself gives you chills.

3. You feel compelled to ask this person questions that may incite a deep conversation.

4. You are in sync with this person in strange ways such as lines of thinking and things a simple as breathing in tandem.

5. Words and images exchanged pass through your mind, sometimes in shards that quicken your pulse, distract you, claim you.

6. You find yourself thinking about/wanting to talk to this person when you notice an unexpected detail, an interesting fact, or an amazing story.

7. You find yourself more creatively connected: writing, singing, dancing, etc. as if you have a muse.

8. You feel more sensual, you find yourself sexier than you were before even if you've never made love to this person.

9. Your desire for this person is much more intense than your basic steamy physical affair.

And the oddity of the whole thing is in it's power. These connections, unlike sex cannot ever be casual. Ask yourself (if you absolutely had to choose) whether you'd rather have your spouse cheat on you with body but no emotional or attachment of the mind or cheat on you in the style I've jusst outlined?


-Nichole P Leigh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

think you just molested me. HA! You are right on the money with this. What is really unfortunate is when the person that makes your brain tingle isn't your significant other. The best example of this...for me anyway... is when you would rather meet up with ...lets call her person A, to share a cup of coffee than person B to "slap uglies." 2 kudos for you, and thanks for the fondle. :)
Posted by Arturo on March 19, 2006 - Sunday at 1:55 AM

Mind fucking is some orgasmic shit
Posted by *JoE the truth in the white lie on March 19, 2006 - Sunday at 2:12 AM

Yes, and I think it gets started a LOT out here in cyber space, but it's not complete until you are in person, dontchya think?
Posted by nichole leigh :: photographer on March 19, 2006 - Sunday at 2:18 AM

wow. Nichole you summed it up perfectly. Have had that type of experience before and it is truly on another level.
Posted by Der Shawner on March 19, 2006 - Sunday at 7:51 AM

I'm glad you've felt it, it's deeply gratifying in another way as well!
Posted by nichole leigh :: photographer on March 19, 2006 - Sunday at 8:17 AM

Yes I feel that way about one of my myspace friends. It's very confusing b/c I've never met him, so I'm unclear about how I really feel about him. Is he just a friend, or more? Yes I understand; you described it well.
Posted by Celina Mirabai on March 19, 2006 - Sunday at 11:12 AM

I hate limbo. You don't know which way to go!
Posted by nichole leigh :: photographer on March 19, 2006 - Sunday at 12:05 PM

I've totally expereinced that before....more times than should even be possible..haha...but I've been there.
Posted by jAh~"who";;3k (Df)(Docd) on August 6, 2006 - Sunday at 11:03 PM