Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Monday, May 1, 2006

Brains Before Beauty

Ever make the mistake of Google~ing an ex?

Provided you ever dated anyone noteworthy enough to get put on the net, you can really see how life has been treating them. I'm not proud, but my kookoo friend twisted my arm enough to do it.

For instance, I just Googled the a guy I used to date that I worked with a decade ago. He was a prominant executive chef at a well known restaurant. What I found: He owns a swank place downtown these days (*to remain nameless). He was so frigging hot it was difficult to walk past this guy without having slight heart failure. As far as his personality, he was very selfish and conceited, not much good for anything with the lights on. And he had that kind of facial hair that scratched your face, so you could never kiss. He was a real jackass, but I was a slave to my hormones back then and it didn't matter. I couldn't take his void of personality for long and moved on. Google confirmed I made the right decision. He's likely still a jerk, but now he's also bald and chubby! Not that looks matter much as we age. And I admit I'm not exacly the hottie I used to be either. But damn, it puts things in perspective!

So the moral of the story is:

Beauty fades
Substance and Integrity don't.

If you find the latter, forgoe the former and HOLD on with all you got cuz, as my close friend said the other day, "She aint gettin any younger."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey life can be surpising sometimes and it good to know that we can move on from this long past, and yeah we all aint getting younger we gotta enjoy life for what it is and what we get
Posted by E.R.I.C S on May 1, 2006 - Monday at 11:45 PM

yeah, it was therapeautic for this guy, but I found another ex just had text about his athletic career and I didn't resolve anything with text, dammit! I wanted to see him bald and fat!
Posted by nichole leigh :: photographer on May 2, 2006 - Tuesday at 7:38 AM

nice eassay!!! we are all getting old!!
Posted by Melanie on May 2, 2006 - Tuesday at 7:17 AM

I aint never really google anyone. Havent beem that interested to do that and if I wanted to know somethin about them more than likely I still got a way to contact them.
I know Im trying my best to be just more than a pretty face though lol
Posted by *JoE sez: stop savin my pics to your harddrive ;P on May 2, 2006 - Tuesday at 4:24 PM

wait till you get my age, you WILL lose touch!
Posted by nichole leigh :: photographer on May 2, 2006 - Tuesday at 7:05 PM

Reminds me of the girl who used to kick my ass in school. She teased me for being the fat kid but now she is the fat ass with three kids on welfare. I don't want to laugh but I feel better that I have my integrity.
Posted by The Alterego on May 6, 2006 - Saturday at 8:05 PM

I'm actually getting younger every year.....is it around 30 that you suddenly start getting older? haha
22 till I'm 35...I figure that is about the age I should have some actual direction and what's the word....purpose to my life.....until than...I'm a struggling wanderer....or something like that..
'if you walk the fucking earth with no job you'll be a bum jules'
Posted by jAh~"who";;3k (Df)(Docd) on August 7, 2006 - Monday at 5:53 PM