Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Saturday, March 15, 2008

"Narcicissim" and "Assumptions" ~ a deadly combination

+1 for a lesson learned
-3 for the assumption that got me there


I just hope I become this better person before I'm 80 and I've successfully repelled
every last person away from me.  

Ironically, I've been 'Spring Cleaning my Life" lately and walking away from toxic
people that embody the behavior of what I just did.  

*disclaimer~ It's unfair for me to say what I'm about to say because it's skewed by
frustrations and not at all 100% accurate.  But at times in such states (frustrations
etc.) this is the way I felt.  In calm and objective reflection I'll admit it's ever
so slightly exaggerated:

One person in particular drove me crazy over her insecurities.   Narcissism was a
constant umbilical cord to feed an ego that hadn't learned to be a soul.  Towards
the end, every comment I made was carefully analyzed.  It got so I would expect a
phone call 24 hours later like clockwork to get chewed out.  First words were "I 
hope you didn't mean XYZ when you said ABC yesterday!  Because if you did we are 
going to have it out!" Anything I said that was not flattery, even simple recollection
of facts was automatically displaced to harsh negativity by her ego. It's funny 
how sick in my stomach I felt when she made the assumption that the absence of praise had to mean criticism.  Further, any statement regardless of the subject,
SHE WOULD OWN IT! It was very Ptolomeic of her to assume the center of the universe.

One word.

Maybe two.

and she had a clear vision of my intent.  Without being able to speak, conversation
became more and more polarized.

                                      I hated her assumptions.                      
They were not pleasant.

                                            Too many bitter pills swallowed dry.....

all I can do is walk away.



The big b**ch of it is that now I catch myself making assumptions myself.  Doing the
one thing that was driving me crazy....to others.  Did I learn it from her?  Or was 
I the one to teach? 

I just want it to stop. 

Dammit!

No comments: