Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wondering why leaving isolation feels so lonely

So I've had a tough few weeks (for those of you who don't know). Circumstances and events beyond my control have tossed me into an involuntary episode of isolation. I'm an active person by nature and EXTREMELY social. The exit into this alter-state was less than smoothe. Let's just say it was more like going through a shotgun wedding.

So you would think that my emergence from iso would be magical and full of sunshine and rainbows, wouldn't you? Not quite. I've come out only to see that it's really not the same. Those 'good ol days' are gone and don't appear to be on the menu anymore. I still have people around me, but they aren't the same. I feel like the senior coming back from her junior year abroad. I'm different and I no longer can relate. Like we all just drifted apart. It's such a paradox. I feel so sickeningly lonely now that I am no longer alone.

Time to chart another course.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evolution through revolution. It’s a bit painful and it feels foreign. This involuntary development sucks, but it’s quick and goes away, you won’t even remember it. It reminds me of a first breath of a new born. The expansion of the baby’s lungs is a painful experience, but necessary. That not so particular baby is on the way to save us.
It’s a blessing, not a curse.
Congrats! Smile!
The menu will never be the same, let’s dine elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

Change is constant.