Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Tipping Point

Yeterday was pretty good. Flowers and love from a bunch of people. Apparantly I've touched some lives. Right on. But the one thing I'll remember most was my conversation with Petar about "The Tipping Point" (just google it, I'm not a link-poster type). I thought about the concept all night and realized the reason I was so preoccupied was this:

The Tipping Point is a GREAT metaphor for my life. I am that little chic eclectic urban oasis that draws them in. Yet the same thing you are drawn to seems to scare you away. Take it or leave it SOB's I'm just Madonna, but I'm not the "complex". What's with the curiosity? Come hang with the differences instead of peeking and coveting. All the while packing your bags and running for the colorless hills of affluence. True wealth is more worthy than measure, your 'dollar & image' scales leave you with no cents (sense).

Do it all the way or don't do it at all. None of that half-assed shyte for me, ok?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems your life is always in that kind of termoil...or maybe not termoil since it seems regular..more like the regularity of your life?

coco said...

Anonymous missed the point. It's not my life that is the problem. It's more the turmoil in LIFE. If you read about the tipping point you see that the majority is often disturbed and fearful of the minority. Rather than accept differences such as race and religion, they fear it and move away. I myself cherish the differences in people and it baffles me that others are fearful of what is different. I am at a confident stage in life where I have no problem calling out bigotry and other such nastiness. Funny that you mention turmoil (it's spelled with tUrmoil) as I have been on a path for self improvement that feels more peaceful than ever. It's not easy, you are right... But I am looking for serenity and enlightenment and not to judge others. It's worth a try if you aren't afraid to face what makes you uncomfortable... especially about yourself.

coco said...

My comment sounded harsh, but it isn't meant to be.