Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What I hate about Seattle people

So I've been a runner in Seattle for some time and recently hopped back onto my bike for my main source of transportation. What really gets me, REALLY gets me is the effin fairweather Seattleites that use the damn trails and such. I mean, it used to make me bonkers when I was training 6-9 miles a day running Greenlake from Oct-Dec 31 in whatever weather soggy Seattle used to choose to throw at me. Then come Resolution frenzied January firsters, I could hardly move amongst the cattle (literally). I would bemoan it and try my best to gazelle by them knowing in my heart in 2 weeks they'd trickle-off to the manageable few that had to prove their point to coworkers and spouses they could keep their resolve. Even they would drop off before February and I'd have my path to myself and the other serious & RESPECTFUL path pounders.

So the past few weeks have been just as lonesome on the 'ol Burke-Gillman. Just us diehards doing the damn thing. I saw the same folks out tearing it up with me during the hail/snow/rain event a few days ago while the feighnt at heart rolled cozily protected by their ton-o-metal along Montlake. God forbid they should entertain the utter existence of the old BG. But oooooh now that the sun comes out, another story. I'm back dodging rude fairweather chic wannabe bicycle messengers and bleached and tanned co-eds that have absolutely no path etiquette whatsover and I cut my leg on my pedal, bruised the hell out of my left hip, and managed to mash my pristine phone into mud. All for trying to compensate for their ineptness.

So maybe I'm selfish, maybe I just want a little props for being a 'REAL' pather, or maybe I just want a place to bitch because I hurt myself rather than roll over a clueless undergrad. But there you have it. My random vent and complaint on a SERIOUS pet-peeve.

No comments: