Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Comment if you visit for goodness sakes!

Subscribe Now:

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Art :: Life

September 8, 2007 - Saturday
Art :: Life

I want so many things
I need so little
Like so many others
I need to pause
to evaluate and differentiate

All my needs
sustain me until my end
And in the end

All my wants
Pleasure and satisfy
Like a drug in the now

I'm told to take what I need
and strive for what I want
But somewhere along the way, my lines got crossed
I can't seem to figure out
How taking what I need
does not equal getting what I want

Maybe I'm just that simple.
Maybe all I want is all I need
Is there a difference?

Or possibly I'm just that selfish
I take what I want
paying no heed to the waste beyond my needs

I don't want anything in my life I have not earned
But I need it
Blood
Water
Air
Love
What have I earned of these, if anything?
How pretentious to assume I have
How sophomoric to believe I have not

It's tough being a philosopher
an artist
an accountant

I reconcile
yet I'm abstact

Logic rules
within my ambiguity

And all that's left is me

9:32 PM - 4 Comments - 6 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: